Thursday, December 22, 2011

Don...Don...Don....

As quoted by a world-famous common man who gives motivational speech standing next to a lamp-post near Malleshwaram grounds- “time barbeku saar time-u” (translated: what ees the right time, sir, please?), this blog-post too was waiting for the right time. Whatte beautiful wisdom. Profound.

Teehee okay I’ll stop my out of context talks. So as I was saying, this post has been waiting to get published for more than a year now. Yes yes I know it isn't surprising, I have a master degree in procrastination. But like Mr.world-famous-lamp-post-man says, time saar time-u.

Last year, when fellow-blogger-singer Vimmuuu, and I were generally chatting about songs, singers and AR Rahman (not in that order), he suddenly suggested -"aye why don’t we record a duet?" It got me very excited as I have always wished to record a duet number. Thus, we immediately started hunting for songs and finally, aaj ki raat (movie: Don) seemed like the right choice (I hope you people agree :)). I first sang the female vocalist's lines and mailed it to him. He later recorded his lines and tadah! the song was ready. Well, not quite. Vimmuuu then worked on the post-recording/mixing bit, all techie stuff, and made it sound all professional. Both of us agreed to post the song simultaneously and hence had to wait for the 'right time'.

So finally the auspicious day has arrived heehee.. Also, Don-2 is all set to release tomorrow. By re-visiting this song, I hope Shankar-Ehsan-Loy (some how land on our blogs) reminisce their Don-1 days and help us live peacefully by not scoring atrocious music (such as Don-2 tracks). Yep now you understand the context.

Presenting aaj ki raat, for the first time (simultaneously) on two blogs. I hope you have as much fun listening to the track as we did singing it.

Please do let us know your feedback; brickbats and bouquets are welcome!
And thank you Vimzy boy :) Hope to sing more such duets with you :)

Aaj Ki Raat by Full_Meals

p.s. Contact us for birthday parties, ladies kitty parties, anniversaries, naming ceremonies, wedding reception.. what? Really. heehee nah. Just kidding. On the other hand, if your party budget is high then we may re-think *wink wink*

p.p.s. You can read Vimmuuu's post here

13 plate meals:

Rakesh said...

Can we book u guys to sing for the DON-2 success party? :evil:

Well sung shruthi..not Hassan :)

Unknown said...

Your voice is so sweet! Love it! <3

Smita said...

Hey!!!

You guys have sung it so well re.

Hd heard this song last year only and loved it!!

Good going :)

Destiny's child... said...

Firstly, I really like this song.

Secondly, you have sung so damn well. Seriously, I think you have a very fresh voice. And I don't know, your friend sounded a bit like Sonu Nigam to me, in some places. Great job both of you!

I am a fan! Waiting for more of such duets :)

Karthik said...

How is this paasibal? You wrote something and that too with a saang in the backgroud? How how how how? This is naat good for your reputation.

Soopar saangu. It sounds so damn good. Just like orginal wonly. :D

SG said...

When I heard your Raag Puriya Dhanashree in August 2009, I wrote a comment “Just one word. Superb”.

I want to repeat the same comment and add one more sentence.

Just one word. Superb. Here is the next Bombay Jayashree.

Anonymous said...

heard it! beauttiful! u have given or is that ur real voice - tht xtra sexy touch for the song :) :P :D

Destination Infinity said...

Nice attempt. Quite close to professional singing. I thought the initial music was too long, but that was not in your purview anyway. You both have soft voices - Try to sing with some more passion. Its quite ok if the pitch increases slightly - The song will be even better.

kanagu said...

both of you have sung very well Shruti :) Very nice :)

Happy new year to you :)

Shruthi said...

@Rakesh, heehee thank you :) but was Don-2 a success? ;)

@Julian, hey thank you so much. Glad you enjoyed it :)

@Rachana, :) thank you!

Shruthi said...

@Smitha, yeah we lazy fellows took too long to post it :) thanks for liking it :D

@Destiny's Child, yey you are my fan :) cant stop smiling :) Thanks DC. will convey your thoughts to Vimmuuu too :)

Shruthi said...

@Karthik saar, heheh thyanks wonly pa.. I blame it on Vimmuuu for making me blog.. che :p so how are the yous?

@SG, oh wow thank you for those nice words SG.. I hope I can live up to the expectations :)

@Verbivorehere, hehe the 'sexy tone' is mine wonly .. thank you very much :D

Shruthi said...

@ES, thanks for the feedback.. will definitely incorporate your suggestion.

Thanks Kanagu :) and happy new year to you too.. have a great year ahead.